TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
‘PREMISES’: means Moor Hall, Romford Road, Aveley, Essex, RM15 4UU and the surrounding designated areas
‘VENUE’: means Moor Hall as a company
‘DIRECTOR(S)’: means one or all of the following people, Andy Gray, Suzanne Gray, Jodie Gray
‘HIRER’: means the person(s) hiring the premises
‘HIRE CHARGE’: means the amount agreed for the hire of the premises during the hire period inclusive of VAT
‘FUNCTION’: means the wedding
‘FUNCTION DATE’: means the date of the wedding, within the agreed hire period
- Your provisional booking with the VENUE will be held for a 14 day period.
- You reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time during this 14 day period although any deposits already paid within this time frame will remain non-refundable.
- A non-refundable deposit is required whilst your booking remains provisional which once received, will confirm your booking.
- The deposit required and its due date is listed in the payment details of the booking confirmation.
- If deposits are not received within 14 days of booking, the date will be released and will become available for other bookings.
- 50% of the remaining balance of the hire charge is due 6 months before FUNCTION DATE. Invoices will be sent 4 weeks before payments are due.
- 100% of the remaining balance of the hire charge is due 3 months before your FUNCTION DATE. Invoices will be sent 4 weeks before payments are due.
- A £350.00 security deposit is payable with your final invoice which will be refunded 3-4 days after the date of your wedding providing no damages have occurred during your event.
- Dates are non-transferable once deposit has been paid.
- The DIRECTOR(S) of the VENUE strongly advise that you obtain wedding insurance in advance of planning your wedding which can offer all different levels of cover in the event of a cancellation, failure of suppliers, loss, theft or damage, personal liability and so on.
- It is the responsibility of the HIRER to take out the insurance policy and to ensure you have the correct level of cover.
- If the DIRECTOR(S) cannot perform any part of the contract with the HIRER due to any events or circumstances which are unforeseen, unavoidable or outside the reasonable control of the DIRECTOR(S), the DIRECTOR(S) shall have the right to cancel the contract with the HIRER, and the DIRECTOR(S) liability shall be limited to the return of any payments received from the HIRER, or on the HIRER’s behalf.
- Cancellation by the HIRER must be made in writing and will only be permitted without charge if written notice of the cancellation is received by the Owner more than 9 calendar months prior to the Function Date. The deposit, however, remains non-refundable.
- Cancellation within 9 calendar months will be subject to the following cancellation charges:
- between 6-9 calendar months prior to function date – 25% of the outstanding balance of the hire charge is payable
- between 3-6 calendar months prior to function date – 50% of the outstanding balance of the hire charge is payable
- less than 3 calendar months prior to function date – 100% of the outstanding balance of the hire charge is payable
Conditions of Hire
- The La More Suite has a maximum seated capacity of 100 guests.
- The Outdoor Gazebo has a maximum seated capacity of 100 guests.
- The Marquee has a maximum seated capacity of 120 guests for a daytime wedding breakfast.
- The Marquee has a maximum capacity of 200 guests for an evening reception (inclusive of daytime guests).
- Whilst children can be a fun element to a wedding, we kindly ask that the number of children attending is kept to a minimum where possible.
- Moor Hall has a maximum limit of 15 children under the age of 14 years old allowed at the venue throughout the daytime and evening.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and kept inside the marquee after the hours of 10pm.
- Moor Hall accepts bookings on the basis that the venue supplies all food & drink items throughout the duration of the day and night.
- Under no circumstances are food and/or drink to be consumed on the PREMISES that has not been purchased from the VENUE directly.
- The venue HIRE CHARGE includes: exclusive hire of the marquee and grounds from 12pm-12am, parking facilities, ghost chairs and tables, 4 highchairs if required, glassware, bar facilities, toilet and disabled toilet facilities, kitchen facilities, bar staff, wedding coordinator and team, cream starlight ceiling, white dance floor, LED uplighters, speakers and microphone for speeches.
- The La More Suite ceremony HIRE CHARGE includes: exclusive hire of the La More Suite, 100 napoleon chairs (excluding chair covers & sashes) and toilet facilities.
- The Gazebo HIRE CHARGE includes: exclusive hire of the Gazebo, 100 white folding chairs, fencing and outdoor sound system including microphones.
- The above HIRE CHARGES excludes, but can be hired at an additional cost agreed by the DIRECTOR(S): bridal suite, guest accommodation, changing room, table cloths, table centre pieces, chair covers, chair sashes, King Louis bride & groom chairs, easel, postbox, table number stands and candy cart.
- Chair covers and sashes are to be hired directly from Moor Hall or Moor Hall’s preferred stylist.
- Access to the main house is strictly prohibited at all times excluding La More Suite if booked for ceremonies. Once the ceremony concludes, the house will be locked and access will be forbidden after this time.
- The use of live animals, bouncy castles, fireworks, Chinese lanterns and such like are strictly forbidden.
- Confetti is to be biodegradable and is permitted in designated outside areas only. It is the HIRER’s responsibility to inform their guests of these conditions.
- Suppliers/accessories/decorations/table arrangements and anything other than Moor Hall property that is required for your wedding day are not permitted onto the venue until 9am on the day of the wedding.
- It is the responsibility of the HIRER to remove everything from the venue by 10am the following morning including anything that you do not wish to keep.
- All guests are to vacate the PREMISES promptly at 12am and no later than 12.30am. Any guests remaining after this time will be asked to leave the premises.
- By signing these terms & conditions, you agree to allow us to contact your photographer/videographer directly and give us permission to use photographs from your wedding for advertising, social media & website purposes. If you are not happy with this, please let us know in writing.
- No defacement of the interior decoration or furnishings of the PREMISES will be allowed (drawing pins, glue, sticky tape, fixing spray or alike).
- Any outsourced suppliers/entertainers must provide Moor Hall with their public liability insurance certificates at least 4 weeks in advance which must be valid for the duration of the function. This legalisation has been adopted from the Local Authority in an attempt to ensure that guest’s safety is maintained at all times.
- Suppliers/Entertainers are to provide Moor Hall with PAT test certificates for electrical equipment where applicable. If the Director considers that the equipment is unsafe, we reserve the right to disconnect the power supply.
Personal Belongings & Lost Property
- The PREMISES will not accept liability to any lost, stolen or damaged gifts or belongings of the HIRER, their employees, contractors, agents or guests throughout or following the function.
- In particular the HIRER is requested to remove all wedding gifts following the FUNCTION, as the DIRECTOR(S) cannot accept any items for safe keeping.
- Any unclaimed lost property items will be kept for a period of one month after your FUNCTION DATE.
- Any vehicle parked and/or left overnight is at owner’s risk and are to be collected no later than 10am the following day.
Behaviour & Conduct of Guests
- The use or possession of drugs is strictly forbidden at the PREMISES and anyone found taking or distributing any form of drugs will be removed from the function.
- The HIRER will be held responsible for any defacement of the VENUE at the time of the FUNCTION.
- The HIRER agrees to be responsible for damage or defacement of the PREMISES by the Hirer or by persons attending the FUNCTION with the permission of, or at the invitation of, the HIRER and will be held liable for the cost of repair or refurbishment which will be deducted from the security deposit if necessary.
- The HIRER will be held responsible for the behaviour and conduct of guests, contractors and suppliers attending the premises.
- Guests are to stay within the confines of the PREMISES at all times.
- We have a zero tolerance policy to violent or abusive behaviour towards any of our staff and we will remove individuals from the PREMISES immediately if we believe they are acting inappropriately.
- The DIRECTOR(S) of the PREMISES have the right to remove any individual from the PREMISES at their discretion.
- The HIRER is not permitted to self-cater the FUNCTION.
- The HIRER must use the approved and in house caterers of the VENUE, Relish Catering.
- The HIRER must liaise directly with the caterer for the supply of catering.
Bar & Entertainment
- To comply with the licensing regulation, music will stop at 12am and it is the responsibility of the HIRER to ensure that any entertainer engaged by the HIRER is aware of this requirement.
- It is against the law to supply alcohol to anyone under the age of 18. The DIRECTOR(S) and bar staff reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to an adult if we believe this is on behalf of a child or for a child’s consumption.
- The DIRECTOR(S) and bar staff reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any persons who are exhibiting drunken or disorderly behaviour and will remove them from the PREMISES if necessary.
- The VENUE bar will close promptly at 12am with last orders called at 11.30pm.
- The DIRECTOR(S) of Moor Hall reserve the right to change the published bar selection & prices without prior notice.
The DIRECTOR(S) reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these terms and conditions at their discretion and will endeavour to give as much notice as possible to any such changes, should they occur.